The 11th anniversary Eco-Fair will take place on Saturday, May 10 from 12-5pm at the Snow King Ball Field, at the base of Snow King mountain in downtown Jackson. PLEASE NO DOGS.
In the spirit of Eco-Fair, please take alternative transportation to the event (i.e. bike, walk, START Bus, carpool). Event parking is available in the Snow King Ball Field lot, the lower Snow King Ice Rink lot and along neighborhood streets. Please do not park on private driveways or in lots belonging to area businesses.
Admission = $5 suggested donation
Your support is critical in helping event host Energy Conservation Works (formerly JH Energy Sustainability Project) cover costs.
Volunteers are needed!
Bike services at Eco-Fair
- Free bike safety assessments provided by Fitzgerald’s Bicycles and Hoback Sports
- Coupons for discounted bike tunes at Fitzgerald’s Bicycles in Victor, Idaho
- Bike Valet hosted by Friends of Pathways
- Strider Bike Adventure Zone hosted by Friends of Pathways. Encouraging kids 18 months to 5 years old to explore mobility on two wheels and experience the challenge and thrill of riding on unique terrain and obstacles!
Over 65 organizations will host educational and merchandising booths, including event sponsors Jackson Hole Travel & Tourism Board, Teton County Integrated Solid Waste & Recycling, Jackson Whole Grocer, High Country Linen Service, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, Smith’s, Creative Energies and The Murie Center.
Food & Beverage
BYO reusable mug and enjoy $2 beers all afternoon from event sponsor Snake River Brewing! Beers are $4 without your own mug. Free vodka samples from Grand Teton Distillery. Food vendors: Jackson Whole Grocer, Local, Cafe Genevieve, Everest Momo Shack, 460 Bread, Bo B Q, Pinky G’s Pizza, Meeteetse Chocolatier and Mix Frozen Yogurt.
Displays and Demonstrations
Eco-Fair 2014’s energy conservation and efficiency displays will inspire and teach fairgoers about power options available in our area. Folks will be able to check out Creative Energies’ solar panels, which power the music stage, 98 Electric/Natural Resource Company’s backpackable photovoltaic power systems, and visit with Energy Conservation Works and Lower Valley Energy to learn about opportunities to increase energy efficiency in homes and businesses.
Raffle Prizes (tickets on sale at the event — 1 for $5 or 5 for $20)
- The Murie Center Discovery Package – includes books, DVDs and free tuition to a fall 2014 photography workshop with Henry Holdsworth (value = $1,350)
- Five $100 gift certificates at Hotel Terra (valid also at Terra Cafe and Chill Spa)
- Box of flies and a casting lesson from Orvis
- Landing pad from Rendezvous River Sports
- Four Weekly Unlimited passes at Revolution Indoor Cycling
- Give’r gear: bamboo shirt, Give’r gulper (water bottle) and a pair of bamboo sunglasses
- $70 gift certificate at Westbank Garden Center
- Eco-friendly duds from Aina Clothing Co, Stio and Recollect Threads
- Green household product basket from Albertsons
- Juices from Healthy Being Juicery
- Custom pies from Mr. McGregor’s Garden
Free Kids’ Activities
- 3:30pm Recycling Avenger vs. Plastic Bag Monster Showdown hosted by Teton County Integrated Solid Waste & Recycling
- All afternoon: Face painting hosted by The Learning Center
- All afternoon: The Remida Project: Re-Think—Re-Invent—Re-Imagine with Re-Useable Materials all afternoon hosted by Teton Science Schools, Jackson Hole Children’s Museum, the Art Association and Teton County Integrated Solid Waste & Recycling
This winter and spring, the above organizations will be collecting alternative and reclaimed materials with the goal of reinventing their use and meaning on May 10. Kids (and adults!) will have the chance to create a fun and beautiful piece of art with local artist Ben Roth using otherwise non-recyclable items. A product of the Reggio Emilia teaching philosophy, Remida is a cultural project that represents an optimistic and proactive way of approaching environmentalism through the arts. Many thanks to the Center of Wonder and First Interstate Bank for supporting Remida 2014!
Mid-May Events in Jackson Hole
May 10-11 is a weekend not to be missed in Jackson Hole! Check out the line-up of events…
- Saturday, May 10 morning: Spring Run-Off 5K race hosted by Teton County/Jackson Parks & Rec and the Spring Clean-Up hosted by the Rotary Club of Jackson Hole
- Saturday, May 10 from 12-5pm: Eco-Fair 2014 at the Snow King Ball Field
- Saturday, May 11 evening: “Bras for a Cause” fundraiser hosted by Soroptimist of Jackson Hole
- Sunday, May 11 (Mother’s Day) from 8am-6pm: “Ultimate Towner” obstacle course competition hosted by Grand Dynamics
May 10-11 will be a weekend to celebrate community, wellness, Mother Nature… and mothers! Please join us!