The 11th anniversary Eco-Fair will take place on Saturday, May 10 from 12-5pm at the Snow King Ball Field, at the base of Snow King mountain in downtown Jackson. PLEASE NO DOGS.
In the spirit of Eco-Fair, please take alternative transportation to the event (i.e. bike, walk, START Bus, carpool). Event parking is available in the Snow King Ball Field lot, the lower Snow King Ice Rink lot and along neighborhood streets. Please do not park on private driveways or in lots belonging to area businesses.
Admission = $5 suggested donation
Your support is critical in helping event host Energy Conservation Works (formerly Jackson Hole Energy Sustainability Project) cover costs.
Volunteers are needed!
Bike services at Eco-Fair
- Free bike safety assessments provided by Fitzgerald’s Bicycles and Hoback Sports
- Coupons for discounted bike tunes at Fitzgerald’s Bicycles in Victor, Idaho
- Bike Valet provided by Friends of Pathways
Over 60 organizations will host educational and merchandising booths, including premier event sponsors Jackson Hole Travel & Tourism Board, Teton County Integrated Solid Waste & Recycling, Jackson Whole Grocer, High Country Linen Service, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, Smith’s, Creative Energies and The Murie Center.
Food & Beverage
BYO reusable mug for $2 beers all afternoon from event sponsor Snake River Brewing! Beers are $4 without your own mug.
Displays and Demonstrations
Raffle Prizes (tickets on sale at the event — 1 for $5 or 5 for $20)
- The Murie Center Discovery Package – includes books, DVDs and free tuition to a fall 2014 photography workshop with Henry Holdsworth (value = $1,350)
- Five $100 gift certificates at Hotel Terra (valid also at Terra Cafe and Chill Spa)
- Several eco-friendly hats and shirts from Aina Clothing Co
- Green household product basket from Albertsons
- Women’s Divide Tank and cap from Stio
- 2 custom pies from Mr. McGregor’s Garden
- More prizes TBA…
Free Kids’ Activities
- Face painting hosted by The Learning Center
- Recycling Avenger vs. Plastic Bag Monster Showdown at 3:30pm hosted by Teton County Integrated Solid Waste & Recycling
- The Remida Project: Re-Think—Re-Invent—Re-Imagine with Re-Useable Materials all afternoon hosted by Teton Science Schools, Jackson Hole Children’s Museum, the Art Association and Teton County Integrated Solid Waste & Recycling
This winter and spring, the above organizations will be collecting alternative and reclaimed materials with the goal of reinventing their use and meaning on May 10. Kids (and adults!) will have the chance to create a fun and beautiful piece of art with a local artist using otherwise non-recyclable items. A product of the Reggio Emilia teaching philosophy, Remida is a cultural project that represents an optimistic and proactive way of approaching environmentalism through the arts. Many thanks to the Center of Wonder and First Interstate Bank for supporting Remida 2014!
Mid-May Events in Jackson Hole
May 10-11 is a weekend not to be missed in Jackson Hole! Check out the line-up of events…
- Saturday, May 10 morning: Spring Run-Off 5K race hosted by Teton County/Jackson Parks & Rec and the Spring Clean-Up hosted by the Rotary Club of Jackson Hole
- Saturday, May 10 from 12-5pm: Eco-Fair 2013 at the Snow King Ball Field
- Saturday, May 11 evening: “Bras for a Cause” fundraiser hosted by Soroptimist of Jackson Hole
- Sunday, May 11 (Mother’s Day) from 8am-6pm: “Ultimate Towner” obstacle course competition hosted by Grand Dynamics
May 10-11 will be a weekend to celebrate community, wellness, Mother Nature… and mothers! Please join us!