EcoFair event is a great opportunity for participating businesses and organizations to educate community members on how to make their businesses and personal lives more sustainable. One important way that we do this is by “greening” our booths at the Fair. Sustainability-minded booths lead by example, educate participants, and contribute to EcoFair’s zero waste effort. Please see our tips below for greening your booths.
- Use reused or recycled materials to create your exhibit
- Use local resources to create your exhibit
- Use unbleached paper with a high percentage of post-consumer recycled content
- Print double-sided pages
- Print your materials on “one-siders”, or paper that has been printed on a single side and is headed for the recycling bin
- Print your materials with veggie-based inks
- Please limit use fluorescent paper, which cannot be recycled in Jackson
- Please ensure any give-aways are made from recycled materials, do not contain single-use plastic, and/or can be reused.
- Participant registration fees already include the purchase of carbon offsets for the booth or exhibit!
- Avoid using electricity at your booth if possible
- Participate in EcoFair year-round as a green power customer with Lower Valley Energy
- Use a fuel-efficient vehicle (or carpool) to transport booth to the fair
- Try to weave creativity and artistic flair into your booth
- Be imaginative and innovative as you follow EcoFair’s guiding principle of “simple and sustainable”
- Incorporate community and social responsibility into your booth theme
- Volunteer your time to help us break down the fair at 5pm
A few final notes on greening your booth:
- Please bring your own mug and/or water bottle.
- At the end of the day please be sure to clean up your booth space and deposit any discarded materials in the appropriate receptacle at an EcoFair zero waste station.